Saturday, October 27, 2012

Dreams: National Parks

This is two separate but related dreams from last night.

In the first dream, my father, bf, and I are all outside the entrance to Yellowstone park, and we are going to hike to Old Faithful. I'm worried that my dad won't make it and my bf will stumble on the steep cliffs and hills we have to scale. The entrance to Yellowstone park is like the mouth of Logan canyon, in Logan, UT. And, it's really only about a five mile hike to Old Faithful. We only make it to the top of the first hill and the dream ends.

The second dream has me staying in a hotel outside of Yellowstone. This is a pretty decent hotel, and I have a suite with a kitchenette. Once I use my key card to get into the room and unpack all my bags, a group of four friends (that are not my friends), use their card to come into my room. When confronted about what they are doing, they state they had this room this morning but have checked out. Still they need to fix and eat dinner, so they just invade the room, thinking I'll have no issue with it. They break out the food and start fixing it, and then I go bat**** crazy on their ***** and push them out the door.

Oddly enough, there is a dining room table on the landing outside my room, and they sit down for dinner to eat. I shut the door, and lock them out, but realize the deadbolt isn't functional. I put both the chain and the hotel bar lock on the door, but the give on the chain is so lengthy that the door can be pushed open at least a foot and a half. The bar lock is so long and awkward that it also allows the door to be opened a foot and a half before it stops the door from opening further. The girl in this group of friends decides she needs to wash her hands before eating, so she barges into the room, despite me having the chain and bar lock in use. I tell her this is not her room and she cannot be in here, and she continues forward. I can't keep pushing her back and get to the phone on the opposite side of the room, so I grab my phone and dial 9-1- and then... I wake up. So--where is my brain pulling thoughts from today? I wonder if it's cleaning house to make room for new stuff. I haven't hiked in Logan canyon in 20 years. I went to Yellowstone about six months ago. The people were all imaginary, but so real. My mom always says that when my dad or sister are in my dreams, they are trying to tell me to repent of my ways from the other side.

No comments: